I used to write for the masses back then, writing about Siti Nurhaliza or other mainstream news at the time, but now I'm just writing about things that most people have absolutely no idea about. So what am I trying to say here? I'll address the issue in a later post. As for tonight, I'm going to try to write out as much as I can, not really because I want to, but because I need to. Reading your old works gives you a glimpse of who you were in the past and I want to be able to (in the future) recall who I was in 2008 by reading my blog. So here's my 6 months in a nutshell, read accordingly to what heading interests you:
- Kobe Bryant for MVP! He's officially won it at the time I'm writing this thing, and I don't think that anyone deserves it more than him this year. Arguably the best player in the NBA, he's just too good to be simply written about by a lowly blogger like me. So here's to KB24 who, even though I'm not going to write praises for him, is the best basketball player that I've ever seen play. P/s: Keep in mind that I've only started watching the NBA in 2002.
- Lakers-Celtics in the NBA Finals? Very, very possible outcome. The Cs will undoubtedly win the East, but the West isn't really clear-cut. The only two teams that the Lakers have to worry about before reaching the Finals are the Spurs and the Hornets, mainly because they can't contain Tim Duncan and Chris Paul. Of course, even if the Lakers don't win it this year they still have a good enough team to contend for the next 4-5 years. Their bench is just superb considering their youth, and Bynum will be unstoppable once he's matured. Not to forget they also have Kobe.
- Seriously, best Dunk contest I've seen in a long time. I just wish that D12 could've battled it out with Jamario Moon instead of Gerald Green. Which brings me to my next point,
- D12 is a beast! Dwight Howard, along with Andrew Bynum, Emeka Okafor and a few other names that fail to come to mind right now is the future of the center position. By the way, I'm not putting Amare in because I think that he'll be a much better 4 than a 5.
- Remember when I said Ball over Boobs? Well, I'm still sticking by it. Nothing much has changed over the past 6 months other than the fact that I'm concentrating more on rebounding now. Seriously, for my size, I think that I'm doing a pretty good job rebounding the ball. I have to thank Hanamichi Sakuragi for this. He's an inspiration.
- I started playing is SS3, Kelana Jaya with John and I have to admit that I like having a change of sceneries. I don't want to sound racist, but the Chinese play a whole different ball-game compared to the Malays. Everybody's a shooter, so you can't give them too much space when they get the ball but most of them are so athletic that they can blow past you and drive to the hoop at will. I love defending these guys.
- That reminds me. I think I'm getting a more defensive mindset nowadays. I seem to enjoy shutting a person's offense more than getting my own offense on. Crazy, considering my first year playing the game where I saw myself as a scorer.
- Here's the few plays that I remember from the past few months:
- Me playing the guard position with Lan mole-mole, intercepting a pass on defense and running a two-man fastbreak with Lan that resulted in us winning the game.
- Me blocking Wan Kidal's potential game winning shot, and passing it to the front for what was the real game-winning shot.
- Shooting 3 treys in a game, bringing my team from down 8 to winning the game.
- Laugh all you guys want, but I think that Dunia Baru the Movie was actually really good. I still think that Hitler Zami's overuse of good songs in the movie (and TV series) is rather annoying, but other aspects of the movie is just so freaking good.
- Juno is a brilliantly made movie that pokes fun at teen pregnancy. What do I like about the movie? Its witty dialogue and catchy tunes.
- Movies I'm looking forward to - The Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight and Iron Man.
- Other good movies I've seen -
- The Bank Job
- Stranger Than Fiction
- Bullet for My Valentine's effort, Scream Aim Fire was nowhere near their debut album's greatness but still had quite a few good songs. My personal favorite is Hearts Burst into Fire.
- The soundtrack for Juno is so good that I have to give it a mention. A quirky soundtrack, catchy and innocently sounding like a mixtape done by a 16-year old boy who's got an infatuation over a girl. Anyone Else but You by the Moldy Peaches - super cute and sweet and makes me feel like I'm that 16-year old boy.
- I just started listening to Paramore, mainly songs from their album All We Know is Falling, and I must say that they do sound good especially on their acoustic songs. Don't trust me? Go ahead and youtube Paramore and give yourselves a good listen. Any song would do.
- CoCa's No World for Tomorrow is just too good. A lot of people may think that they sold out, trying to go mainstream, but I personally think that the album is a masterpiece. Especially the five-part End Chapter. I simply can't ask a person to listen to just one song from this album. You HAVE to listen to the whole album. Seriously. I don't care if you buy it, download it or steal it but get the whole album. Trust me, if you're into rock then you won't find fault in this album.
- Barry Manilow's actually got a few good songs. Surprised myself a little bit, but I have to admit that Mandy, My Eyes Adore You and (They Long To Be) Close To You are all good.
- As I Lay Dying, Atreyu and Trivium. Just had to mention these bands again.
- Chipmunknation! Youtube the word, and watch a few of the videos. Freakin' funny.
- Stephen Lynch's The Craig Machine. Funny as hell. Try Voices in My Head.
I need to get laid, man. Seriously. So if you're a willing lady who lives around Damansara or Shah Alam just drop a comment. I'm freaking serious! I NEED to get laid.
Other than that, I'll try to update this thing more often now. No, wait. Let me rephrase that. I'll try to update this thing, period. I'm not making any frequency-related promises. Til the next time.