Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Actor? (insert maniacal laughter here)

Starceleb(I don't like using people's real names, remember?) called me up on Tuesday. She was supposed to go for a group meeting at Starbucks at the Curve but she's not that close to her friends so she wanted some company. I had nothing planned for the day except for basketball at 5 so I went ahead and hung out with her. Didn't know that I was about to do some fine acting on that day.

We were both smoking outside when Starceleb was telling me about how she looks old, people thinks she's married, got mistaken for her brother's mom, etc. I found the whole thing funny and had it in mind for a little while. Then her two other friends came and joined us. I don't remember clearly how the conversation was steered into the topic, but the fun began when Starceleb said that I was married.

Yes, yes. I could have just laughed and told them I wasn't married but where's the fun in that? I ended up (in order) :
  1. saying I was 28 turning 29;
  2. explaining that I work part-time in Pusat Sukan UiTM because I'm an amatuer baller;
  3. showing pics of my two kids and wife;
  4. telling a story about how me and my wife wore same colored outfits when I visited her for lunch this one time even though I didn't notice what she was wearing when she was leaving for work that morning;
  5. explaining that I don't wear my wedding ring because I don't like wearing diamonds;
  6. laughing inside viciously.
Funny thing was, they both looked like they believed every single thing I said. Damn, I must have put on quite a show. Of course, me and Starceleb had a conversation on a piece of paper about this. What was in the note?

"just remembered dat ur frens r frm kdu as well, so mcm kantoi if dey see me in coll kan?
but i told them dat u r from kdu.
owh, but dey all pecaya my story, so i hav to stick with it la. I'm just gonna tel dem i'm doin masters in kdu if dey ask.
y dun u tell them da real story?
tengok la dulu. haha."
Shortly afterwards, I did come clean with her friends and they immediately started saying things like, "I knew you couldn't be married", "Yeah, you look so young", "So that means you're single la?", etc. Thank God they had a sense of humor. Was actually half-scared that they might bite my head off after the confession, actually. (laughs while rolling on the floor)

3 comments:

ichimaru akira said...

finally,u updated.

hahahahahahha,u shuld be an actor

Anonymous said...

Did you ever do No 4, tho?

afiqPG said...

faris - i SHUD be an actor man! lol

anonymous - no, i've never done no. 4 but it was inspired from a true story(damn that sounds so corny). anyways, the real story's like this:
i was supposed to see this one girl for lunch. prior to that, she's never seen me in a shirt before and i've never seen her in a baju kurung before(despite the fact that i've known her for a good year or two). Just so happens that day, I was wearing a light blue shirt and she was wearing a light blue baju kurung. I laughed after seeing our matching outfits and made a joke about it. Before dropping her off, I told her that we should take a picture and we did.

Not really a Hindi movie moment, but that's the story. lol