Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Project: Day 3

Remember how I'm supposed to play around with my guitar today to figure out the song? Well one thing led to another and I actually wrote a rap part for Elyana's song, Molek, instead. Random, right? Well, not really. Here's the thing.
After spending the better part of the day experimenting with my guitar, I have come to the conclusion that I don't know how to put together an arrangement that won't sound crappy. It'll take a while for me to learn more tricks in finding a right sound, and it (realistically) won't be anytime soon. However, I still feel like writing. This means that this 'new project' of mine would have to go through some changes. So, hurm, if I want to write rhymes, but I'm crap at writing music, what should I do? Take someone else's song, and just rap over it. So that'll be my new goal for this project. Instead of writing a song from scratch, I will find a song, replace one verse and/or bridge with rapping parts, and record myself playing the song.
So there it goes. As an experiment, I inserted a new bridge to Elyana's song, and I've tried playing it on the guitar. Turned out okay, I guess. Will record and upload a video of that tomorrow before I start work on the new 'new project'.

No comments: