Thursday, June 7, 2007

a quickie

Just a quick one for today. I went to play at UiTM yesterday, and I called Saku on my way there. Found out that he's in Hospital Klang. He's getting his appendix removed. I felt like a dickhead because the only thing I could think of at the time was he couldn't play this Saturday. Well, I called him just now and I told him to get a lot of rest and get well soon.

I think things turned out for the better. Mislan asked Budin to take Saku's place, and Budin agreed. I know that I'm not really good at transferring emotions to words but I'm esctatic to say the least. I've known Budin since late '04/early 'o5 and I truly believe that he is in the top 3 best Malay basketball player that I've ever seen with my eyes.

From experience, I once entered this tourney in mid '04 and his team won the tourney with him terrorizing the court. Why do I use the word terrorizing? He was that good. Nobody could've guarded him. He was dropping points from all over the court. I remember seeing him scoring like 3-4 straight treys in a game, and then he started to drive to the paint and nobody, seriously nobody in the tourney could do nothing about it. Bank shots, normal lay-ins, mid-range jumpshots, self-assists, etc. What else can I say?

In Mislan's own words, "Budin kalau main 3 on 3 memang dia boleh makan tiga-tiga orang kat court. Sekali dia kuar dengan hook shot dia la, apa la, memang takleh buat apa ar."

Whatever it is, come watch us play this Saturday to witness Budin. 9th June, KDU auditorium, 9am til (since Budin's almost surely bringing us to the finals) 2pm. Oh, and me and Mislan's gonna be there too.

No comments: