Monday, June 30, 2008

I Think I Like Writing

I finally came up with a name for my short story. I'm going to call it "The Waiting Man". I've got a draft done a few days ago with just under 1000 words. Am hoping to add more stuff as I go along. I've already sent the draft out to a few people, and I've only got two replies so far. Nick said that it was unimaginative and failed to grab the readers' attention while Ema said that it was awesome. I'm going to go with Nick on this one. I may very well post the story up soon, once I've got more replies and more ideas to add/edit the story.

By the way, I think I like writing short stories. This is only my first real attempt, and I felt giddy while writing some parts of the story. I can't really explain it now but I'll do once I post the finished product here. Hopefully it won't take too long.

2 comments:

Justa Joka said...

hmmmm...
so this is the beginning of a new hobby 'ey..
well.. if ur gonna do it properly u should try and form some sort of club or something.. or maybe i will..
like a "short story writers club"..
i am definitely keen on that idea..
could even attract a welcome type of creative crowd.. ya kno..
i can show u the way my son.
let me guide u on ur new journey..

peace.

Anonymous said...

wow, i've disappeared even from yr blog. i liked some parts of the waiting man though