Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baju Raya, Spaghetti and McD

I might as well right this out while it's still fresh.
I went out with Comel to find a Baju Raya because her mom was making a big fuss about her always buying at the last moment. She wanted to go with her cousin at first, but the cousin declined so I was her next choice.

First we went to Subang Parade, but it turned out that they don't have as many Baju Kurungs there as last year so we went back to Shah Alam after less than an hour of walking around there. We went to SACC after that and proceeded to walk for about an hour before crossing the street to go to Kompleks PKNS. Altogether, we walked for roughly four hours in search of one Baju Kurung that she would like.

To tell you the truth, I don't like going shopping with people. In fact, I'd much rather finish a pack of fags at a restaurant that serves bottomless drinks while reading a book but it was fasting month so I didn't have my usual escape route once I realized that the ordeal was going to last for more than an hour. Then again, she wasn't exactly bad company. We talked throughout the whole time and joked about eating at McDonald's, etc so I didn't get bored. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of wearing a capal instead of normal slippers so my back was killing me at the time.

When we got to her Baju Kurung of choice, I finally had the opportunity to sit down while she tried it out. I sat near the changing room, occupied with the thought of my aching back. When she got out with her blue Baju Kurung on, I was speechless. She thought I was just quiet because I was tired, but oh boy was I speechless. She looked lovely(pardon my lack of vocabulary). In fact, the whole four hours of walking around was worth it because she looked lovely(again, I can't find another word to use). My back was still aching, but it didn't matter because I was sending her back soon afterwards.

She felt sorry about making me walk with her for so long, and she felt bad about my back. We joked about me wanting some of her home-cooked spaghetti after I sent her home, which is not really that important until later on that night. At around 10pm, she asked me to wait in front of my house. I was surprised, to say the least, because she's never visited me at home before. Well, actually, she still has never visited me at home. She only came to my front gate and gave me a small paper bag.

What was inside the paper bag? Some food from McDonald's and some of her spaghetti. I still can't get this stupid grin off my face. Sigh. I have to thank her cousin one of these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bile ko nak kenalkan die kat aku? saving