Saturday, September 27, 2008

Franz Ferdinand, IT Nerds and Boybands

Just a short update. It's about my first meeting with Christie regarding a (non-paying)modelling job. I just have to blog about this, but before that I'll have to explain about Josh and Khalis a little bit. Let me talk about Josh first. When I first knew him, he had this "emo" look going on. You know what I'm talking about. He got the hair, the black t-shirts, etc. Over the past year, however, he's been trying to reinvent his image and do this "preppy boy" look. I still make fun of his "emoness" from time to time, because he might not look the part anymore but he's still got some random flashes from time to time.

Khalis is good-looking. He's the type of guy that'll make people turn their heads for a second look. Seriously, he attracts a lot of people. From girls to guys, young to old, Malay to Chinese, etc. In other words, anyone from young Chinese girls to old Malay guys. That's how he got invited to be a model by Christie. It was a non-paying job, and he asked me and Josh to go along with him.

Christie's already got a few shots that she wants to copy, pictures or ads that she got off magazines. When Christie first looked at Khalis, she said "you'll fit into our Franz Ferdinand shot". Then, she listed down a few more shots that she thought Khalis might fit in. There were quite a few. When she took a look at me, she didn't hesitate and immediately said "we can put you in the group of IT nerds". Once she saw Josh, she said "ah, you can be in the boyband picture!". Can you imagine how hard it was for me to keep myself from laughing? Josh just made one of the craziest transitions I've ever seen. He's changed from Emo to Boyband!

Change of subject.

I haven't wrote anything about Comel in a long time, it seems so here's a new story about her. She's been putting up some happy lines on facebook and one line was taken from a malay song. It went "Oh, bawalah daku bersamamu oh sayang. Kita kan terbang ke angkasa, ke kayangan". I had a berbuka date with her last Wednesday, and the plan was I'll pick her up at her house to go eat at a mamak stall. On the day itself, she decided to stay back after work for a little while so we had to change plans. By the time I picked her up from work, it was too late for us to go to a restaurant because most places were already full. We decided to buy food at McD's Drive Thru and drive back to Shah Alam where we'll have a picnic somewhere. We ended up eating near this one lake/park in a housing area called D'Kayangan. Conclusion, she asked to be taken to kayangan and I delivered, although it wasn't planned. Pretty convenient coincidence, huh?

No comments: