Friday, July 27, 2007

Notes From the Notebook

First things first, I'm entering a 3 on 3 tourney on Friday, August 3rd. It's going to be held in the KDU auditorium. I can't bring outsiders, so Budin and Mislan won't be playing with me. I got William and John. William's short, but he's got decent handles and quickness. John's played for the Sarawak under-18 team last year, so he's good. His shooting's a little off because he haven't played in a long time, but he's got mad stamina and athletic ability. Plus, he's an excellent perimeter defender. I'm expecting to get a top 3 finish.

On with the post, I'm in the middle of re-reading all the books I have and writing notes about them. These are things that I thought about, or lines that I liked, and wrote down while reading the Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

My two loves are talent-based, but that's about all the similarities that they share. One talent comes from my fingers, the other comes from my heart. At least that's how it started out. My initial skills in basketball came from the heart. I don't remember picking up a basketball and learning how to dribble. It just came to me. Of course, what I play now is a mixture of passion and practice because to truly love basketball is to commit yourself and that includes practice.

Will I find a woman that can understand and appreciate my two passions? Will she make up excuses to make me play the guitar by saying something like, " I'm bored and I want to listen to something. Or maybe she'll ask me to go play basketball because "I dont' want a flabby husband". It's a long shot, but I need to find love that not only understand and appreciate my passions, but encourage and complement it even if she doesn't necessarily like it.

These are lines from the book that caught my eyes.

  • a gentleness that not even the war can take away.
  • in every girl I met, I found myself looking for you in every single one of them.
  • the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
  • I do not ever ask them because I've learned that we're all entitled to have our secrets.
  • I know what it's like to be day and night now, always together, forever apart.

That's about it. The Notebook touched me in a lot of ways, making me think about old age, timeless love and passionate talent. I've gone through the book twice, and I don't remeber the first time but I cried near the end of my second time reading it.

P/s: I'm in the middle of remixing The Fray's "How to Save a Life". Trying to give it more of a rock edge. If I can only find someone to sing. Oh, well. Shall upload it when I'm done.

No comments: