Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cyberjaya Tourney

There's a 3 on 3 tourney in Cyberjaya on the 29th, and I plan on entering. I'm bringing John and Man Rebound. At least, that's what I think right now. John may or may not be able to play with me because he's only 19, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to play in the same category as me. Man on the other hand has a tournament in Perak a week before the 29th so he'll only be able to play barring any injuries. I'm crossing my fingers on this one. I hope I can play with these two guys.

Details -
Where : Pusat Komuniti Cyberjaya
When : 8am-6pm, Nov 29th 2008
Categories : Under 19, 20-24, 25 and above (only Non-Chinese)

Anyways, here's my take on the two guys who (I hope) will be playing with me. John's a natural swingman. He's got his triple-threat going on, but he can still post-up against smaller guys and dominate because of his freakish athletic ability. Man Rebound, despite his name, is not just a rebounder. He's a freaking great rebounder, one of the best I've seen for his size, but he also possesses some nice post moves. No perimeter game, but he can shoot from midrange decently. Mainly a high-post player. Some say one-dimensional, I say nevermind.

I'm feeling good about these two guys, because John's a hell of a spot-up shooter and Man's a great option in the post. That means I can just hang around the 3-point line and play my game. Defensively, I'll be taking the weakest opponent because John's a good perimeter defender (freakish athletic ability+wingspan like a hawk=hard time for opponents) and Man is a good shot-blocker for his size. Unless we go up against a team with a 6'2" ogre, I'm pretty sure we'll do alright.

I'm not putting too much hope on this tourney, because it's open to anyone who's not Chinese and there's a lot of good Malay ballers out there. Hopefully the guys would be too exhausted from the Petronas Cup (yet another non-chinese tourney, although a more established one) and skip this tourney. Then my team would have a good shot. Wait a second. I haven't registered for the tourney yet. Arck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you found replacement. Hope nothing's further jinxed! Enjoy the tourney!

_Koala_

Anonymous said...

I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! This time, second... next time, with the help of Me in Cheerleader outfit, you'll definitely get 1st!

_Koala-Shouts-For-Joy_